Saturday, 14 March 2015

It's official: I'm cracked...

It can be the only explanation between how this tweet:


Had me winding up with this beauty not even a week later...

First Chapter on Wattpad

Yes, a story with, at most, 4000 words to it's name already has a cover. If that isn't classic arse-about-face, I don't know what is.

It is the most basic and symbolistic cover I've ever had linked to one of my stories. And, to be frank, it wasn't at all what I was originally looking for. I love having scenes of the world and its people on the front and my cover choices reflect that. But I knew this one couldn't be like that. To be honest, I think what I was looking in the beginning would've given the ending away.
Then there was this one. It pulled at me. It's just ... the right feel. And the longer I left it sitting on the artist's site, the more it pulled. So I cracked. I am cracked. Cracked little me.

And you know what? I'm not the slightest bit sorry.

6 comments:

  1. Dude, that's way cool. I think it's AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm quite chuffed with how it turned out.
      See, originally, it was just the fist and fire. The smoke, the text ... that was all me. I actually found a tutorial to do the smoky text.

      Delete
  2. That's an intriguing cover. I like the smoky text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete