Thursday, 5 September 2013

Introducing ...

Name: Tiyad
Story: The Shadow Prince
Status: Minor Goddess of Truth

I think, way back in the murky beginnings of my saga, Tiyad started off as more of a seer. That's what she was originally (well, a combo of seer and judge) before being turned goddess by the great and powerful over three thousand years before my Main Characters have need of her services.
She's got a rather unfortunate past. Saddled with a cruel husband who would've much rather have abused or subdued her talent than let her be. It didn't end well for him as the locals had started treating her as a goddess well before ascension. One point to mob mentality there.


I finished this image at about midnight when I was all alone and managed to freak myself out with those eyes. I really shouldn't be allowed near a computer after a certain time at night. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Yeah, those eyes are pretty creepy. It's like she's saying, "I can see into your soul!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting work! Reminds me of Egyptian mythology for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder if that's because, when you get down to it, they're all anthros.
      Hmm ... the fact Anubis is one of the most commonly recognised deities from Egyptian myth might also be in play here.

      Believe me, side-by-side they are completely different-looking. ^_^

      Delete