Friday, 9 March 2012

The Rogue King Movie

Probably a bit early for the WiP: The Movie bloghop, hosted by Kyra and Rachel, but to forgo missing joining in at all ... here I am!

Although, this was fun and torturous at once. I’ve over two hundred characters and though I’ve an idea of what they look like, who could portray them in a movie is a whole other vein of ugly.
I’m going to cheat here and go on voices alone as anyone who took on the mighty epic that is The Rogue King for a story will be in need of Weta Works magic (and if you don’t know about them by now, you should. Let’s just say they assisted in a few minor movies like, to name two, LotR and Avatar ^_^).


For Veng, the Rogue King himself and the oldest of all my characters, I’d likely give him Hugh Jackman for a voice. Yeah, can you imagine him as an eight-foot-tall lizardman? I can.
For the record, I can also picture him as the angonist to Dark One's Mistress.


As the voice of Lasil, his love interest, I’d give her the voice of Keisha Castle-Hughes (I'm probably influenced by The Almighty Johnsons here). Still she’s a sweet voice, that carries a hint of a bite and that’s my Lasil to a tee.


Now, the songs ...

When young Koral learns he's no choice but to be Veng, I can't help but think of an old favourite of mine ...
Then, when he falls for his beloved Lasil ...
And, finally, at the end ... ah, I'll leave that one for all of you to guess. ^_^

13 comments:

  1. I would watch anything Hugh Jackman in it lol! Fab choices, I particularly like that you chose "It's A Sin," I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Kyra, since I'm a huge stalker, I mean fan, of Hugh Jackman. I also like Pet Shop Boys on your play list, haven't thought of them in years, so it made me a bit nostalgic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any soundtrack that includes the Pet Shop Boys is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty cool. It would be interesting to try and cast based on voice alone. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything with Hugh Jackman...count me in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugh Jackman with long hair is a great combo. That man is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 200 characters! Holy crap! You are a rock star and I love your choices, especially Hugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugh Jackman! Sign me up. And how did I not know this Nickelback/Santana song? New follower *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. 200 characters?! That's impressive! I love Hugh Jackman! And the songs were great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at Hugh Jackman! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hugh Jackman? I'm sold. I'll be waiting in line for this one. =)

    ReplyDelete