Thursday, 15 September 2011

Introducing ...

Name: Honny
Story: The Rogue King Saga - The Rogue King
Status: Nomad

Honny appeared in the very last revision I did of The Rogue King. Quite a number of the people who’d critiqued the story expressed a desire to see more of Koral’s - the Main Character - time at the nomad encampment. When I sat down to ponder if I had more of that hiding somewhere in the backblocks of my mind, Honny (along with a few others) popped up.
She leapt onto the page quite easily and meshed with the story so well that I like to think she was always meant to be there.
Not bad considering she's a very minor character (just above 'scene character' status).

While the idea I’d envisioned for the image was simple (she’s depicted in the story stripping fibres from a flax-like plant so I went with that), getting the pose to look natural took a little more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment